Tuesday, November 10, 2009

THE FALL

I have seen it all
How many great men fall
Lo! it is here with me
Far it was from me or so it seemed
Alas, I wait in pain, nothing to gain but shame
For it happened that vanity was my bane
A moment of pleasure
And i lost the life that was given without measure
I despised purity
The result, Unfulfilled destiny
Now i know full well, that all is vanity
Yet I know i will answer to posterity
For i owed them a duty
It is not my dirge i sing
But for generations time will bring
And so it came
Earlier than anticipated, but it came
With icy hands and clenched teeth it came
Along the windy path it came
Without mercy it came
To lay its claim
And it shall come to pass,
That your truly shall cripple in death
Unto ashes he shall return
Unto the earth's bosom he shall disappear
Our voices he will no more hear
From dust he came, to dust he will disappear

No comments:

Post a Comment